August TTC Newsletter
Origin of August’s name: August was the 6th month in the early Roman calendar, named after Julius Caesar Augustus.
• August’s flower: Gladiolus.
• August has two birthstones, PERIDOT and SARDONYX: Peridot is among the oldest known gemstones. It ranges from olive to lime green, sometimes with a brownish tinge. Sardonyx is a gem with white and brown bands and it is believed to have mystical powers: it eliminates negative thinking!
• On August 20, 1630, Lemonade was first served in Paris, France. Lemonade will be served in the Gazebo at 2 PM.
• Joke: Why shouldn’t you tell secrets on the farm? Because the corn has ears, the potatoes have eyes and the beanstalks.
• August 24th. On this day in A.D 79, Mount Vesuvius erupted and destroyed the cities of Pompeii, Stabiae and Herculaneum.
• Full Moon on August 28th. Also known as Dog Day’s Moon. At 3:52 AM we can also see a total eclipse of the moon. Who wants to get up early??
Recipe of the Month
Sweet Corn Risotto
TTC Tip of the Month
Conception after a Loss: When to start trying again
• National Watermelon Day on August 3rd.
• August 5th. This is the day to celebrate the Spirit of Sisterhood.
• National Smile Week is the week of August 5-11th.
• August 13th: Vinyl Record Day- come on out and listen to some good music!
• August 13th. National Lefthander’s Day
• Lemon Meringue Pie Day on August 15th.
• August 16, 1977, Elvis Presley died.
• August 30th. Today is National Toasted Marshmallow Day
Question of the Month
What's the best part of your summer so far?
Leah_is_waiting - CD TTC Boards - Leah
smae_ca - ACD of TTC Boards - Karen