This is the *best* salsa ever! It tastes like Chili's salsa!
* 6 pounds roma (plum) tomatoes
* 1/4 pound roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
* 2 tablespoons garlic powder
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
* 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 red onion, chopped
* 1 white onion, chopped
* 1 yellow onion, chopped
* 1 pound jalapeno peppers, chopped
* 1/3 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Briefly place 6 pounds tomatoes into water to loosen skins and set color. Drain, peel and crush.
2. Mix chopped tomatoes, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper and cumin into the saucepan with crushed tomatoes. Whip to desired thickness. Bring to a boil. Mix in red onion, white onion, yellow onion, jalapeno peppers and cilantro. Continue boiling until vegetables are soft and mixture has reached desired consistency. Remove from heat. Refrigerate until serving.
* I run it through a blender or food processor before chilling. I like mine extra thin. It is scrumptious this way and loaded with flavor. You will never buy salsa from a jar again after you try this easy recipe!