This was a scary appt! At first it was just for u/s to measure and see how Baby A was growing, but when they got done it was not what they were hoping for. Baby went from 2lbs1oz three weeks ago to only 2lbs9oz this week so the growth is not going well. Baby B went from 2lbs10oz to 3lbs14oz which is better. They were both very active but the doctor was very concerned and ordered an NST right there and then. This turned out to be an experience because four different nurses had to check on this since both babies had the SAME h/b (they say they've never seen this. After about an hour they finallly got a different beat and was satisfied with it. All this time I am thinking they were going to schedule my csection and started panicing big time since I have not gotten any steroid shots or anything to help their lungs develop. The doc at the hospital got my doctor on the phone and they decided I am to have two NSTs a week and I go back to the hospital next Tuesday (when I will be 32w) for more tests on me and the babies and NST and to the L&D tomorrow morning for NST and who knows what else. My appt with ob is not until next Wednesday so hopefully she would give me some more concrete answers as to what she is going to do. I am still hoping they would give me the steroid shots and try to hold the babies at least until 34w but they have a mind of their own and it seems as though they want to meet mamma and daddy early.
I still feel like I am in limbo since I have not spoken to my ob yet. Ofcourse, if I go earlier than planned I am going to have to be transferred to the hospital where I am getting the NSTs done because they have a level 3 NICU, if they hold out I can go to the hospital where my ob has privileges.
The doc did say that this all means early delivery for me so it looks like early June for me for sure just don't know the date yet. I will update as soon as I know something more.