I don't post here very often but I try and read all the threads as they come in. Even though our babies are 8 months they are 6 months adjusted so I was hoping you ladies might be able to answer some questions from your experience. TIA!
1) When you make Oatmeal for the babies do you put formula or water in it to mix it up? Everyone thinks it is weird that I use formula but that is what my home health nurse said was best.
2) When is the right time to try puffs or something like that? They are all interested in our food and want it but I have only given them tastes of baked potatoes and veggies so far and they kind of gag on it a little.
3) The babies all drink juice out of their sippy cups no problem. Should I start switching some formula bottles over to sippy cups or should I wait awhile? I know they are still little so I don't want to push them.
4) We have tried the different meat varieties on the babies this week and they all HATED them! I even tried mixing them with some fruit to trick them and they figured it out. Any tips?
5) We are hitting a wall with Matthew again trying to get him to sleep (both at nap and bedtime). He screeches and cries whenever we put him down even if he is falling asleep when we put him there or if we put him in wide awake. I can handle letting him CIO for sometime but it is getting to the point it is making everyone else mad then I have 4 kids to calm down. Any suggestions?
6) When is it ok to bring them into a pool? We are planning on going to a birthday party for one of the kids I watch and it is a pool party at a local hotel so I was worried whether or not they are old enough for us to take them in to play a bit.
Sorry for all the questions! I have been doing child care for 11 years now and you would think I wouldn't have to ask but it is so different when it is your child and you are the one making the decisions!